imDocShare SharePoint & Teams app Pre-requisites
- iManage Work Server 10.2+ or iManage Cloud is required
- iManage server name needs to be shared when prompted within the imDocShare SharePoint & Teams apps
- Azure Active Directory sync is implemented (on-premises AD users should be synchronized with Azure AD)
- Single-Sign-On is configured for all AD users so that they are not required to login to Microsoft Teams or iManage Work separately –basically, the same login [email protected] used to login to both Teams and iManage
imDocShare Messaging Extension
- All iManage Work Server 10.2+ Authentication requests are initiated by imDocShare SharePoint and imDocShare Teams app.
- Microsoft Teams will request imDocShare app (setup as Teams Personal app or Team Channel Tab) to authenticate-
- imDocShare loads and authenticates against iManage Work service
- imDocShare caches the authentication token and is used to communicate with iManage Universal API.
- This method applies to upcoming features like imDocShare Messaging Extension.
- For upcoming features like imDocShare Bot, the authentication will happen again at KLoBotand KLoBot persists this token and related information for handling voice+text based queries to imDocShare bot.
- All communication are SSL certified HTTPS requests.
- CORS is enabled to close request from unknown sources.
- Authentication is not executed by imDocShare, instead it is forwarded to iManage or Single-Sign on Identity Provider.
- imDocShare Admin App is secured with valid Admins and valid Domainslist.
Data: What imDocShare stores
- imDocShare only stores 2 types of data:
- Basic Client information such as client name, primary contact, license features, etc.
- Configuration information that is required to generate API calls. Examples include:
- iManage Server Url
- iManage container ID
- iManage metadata column names
- No Document names, content, or any other sensitive data is stored.
- See the next slide for some examples of the above types.
imDocShare -Saved Client Information Example